Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Social Media Withdrawal Experiment a Success...Kind of

I attempted this recent Spring Break (March 14th-18th) to completely stay away from Social Media as a trial basis. I was curious if I could keep the Facebook itch in check along with YouTube, Twitter, etc, etc, etc.....

Well, I made it through the Monday through Friday....Kind of...
What I mean is I stayed away from social media, yet I did not stay away from my usual email check, sports news/scores, and all that good stuff. In fact, I think I checked that a little more then usual as a substitute to social media. So there in lies the fact it was a success as I did not Facebook, but still did not shy away from the internet completely. 

Several factors also played into the experiment having several hindrances from being measured completely. I was sick with the stomach bug the first half of the week and also the fact that the week was Spring Break was also a factor. The free time allowed for other activities like lawn work, etc.

Well, at least I can say I accomplished my goal as I let it be known in my Facebook status update....

No comments:

Post a Comment