Friday, March 11, 2011

Honory, Virtue, Integrity....Any of that left?

Have you ever seen the movies or heard the stories, whether fictional or nonfictional based, about knights and moments of chivalrous intention? Often, you hear such dialogue as "live with honor," "die with honor," "you have regained your honor," "hold on to virtue and courage," etc.

We hear such words and phrases about honor, virtue, integrity, chivalry, and others in this category.

The question I'm inquiring is do such moments or attempts in lives of these meanings exist anymore?

I'm not saying someone has to come in and save the day riding on horseback wearing shining armor and all that good stuff. Although, that might be pretty amazing to see. What I'm questioning is do individual people ever try to think about such notions anymore and attempt to live their lives as such?

Do these notions live more with older generations and are they gradually fading, or do they still hopefully exist to continue?

I've questioned this myself as I've seen teenagers and adults at times completely disrespect elders, disrespect peers, disrepect authority, disrepect property, disrespect beliefs, and disrespect their own parents with complete apathy and disdain. The list is continuous.

Now I will give some the slight benefit of the doubt as they were never taught anything slighty resembling virtue. If only bad parents could be punished.

I'm not advocating a return to the medieval era. But I really do hope that men and women will still attempt to live their lives with honor and integrity because, believe me, there will always be younger eyes looking and imitating. Of course no one is perfect and we all stumble, but remember, honor can be regained.

Live with honor.

1 comment:

  1. Are you attempting to blog like me daily? LOL

    ReplyDelete