Saturday, March 8, 2014

New experience of excruciating pain.

I've felt pain before, but never something as terrible and overbearing as the pain I'm having now. Yesterday, March 7th, I went under the knife for triple hernia surgery. Being a person who is the type that loves to stay active, whether sports, working out, or even my interest in actually liking yard work, I was bound to have problems eventually. I guess being over 30 and it's attributes of healing slower then my injuries of younger years caught up to me. I was expecting discomfort after the surgery, but since the numbing help of anesthesia and pain medication wore off, I have felt pain as never felt before with the first moment my feet felt the floor this morning. Every step from the bed to the restroom was a challenge of overcoming the pain. And the trip back to bed was just as painfully nightmarish. I'm now confined to the bed for however long this pain will last, and this is an incredibly new and challenging experience for me. Yes, I love being able to voluntarily sit down with free time and watch some television, especially when my sport of soccer is on, but the ability to do other things just isn't there as this pain is blocking that ability. I'm usually a patient person and understand that strengthened patience comes from tested patience. I'm definitely being tested in patience as I must wait this out. So, with that update, this blog has helped pass the time. So, what else can I do with my time of being severely limited in what I can physically do? Thinking, thinking, thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment